Dundee Utd 0 - 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

League - SPL
Saturday, December 1st, 2007, 3:00 PM at Tannadice Park
Attendance: 5,846
Referee: Iain Brines
Dundee Utd  Inverness Caledonian Thistle

None. Ian Black (20)

Team Managers
Craig Levein
Craig Brewster

Starting Eleven
Grzegorz Szamotulski
Lee Wilkie
Garry Kenneth
Darren Dods
David Robertson
Mark Kerr
Morgaro Gomis
Greg Cameron
Steven Robb
Willo Flood
Jordan Robertson
Michael Fraser
David Proctor
Phil McGuire
Graeme Munro
Richard Hastings
Don Cowie
Ian Black
Russell Duncan
John Rankin
Roy McBain
Marius Niculae

Euan McLean
Stuart Duff
Fraser Milligan
Gordon Pope
Prince Buaben
Johnny Russell
Ryan Dow
Zbigniew Malkowski
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Graham Bayne
Rory McAllister
Guy Kerr
Iain Vigurs

Stuart Duff for Steven Robb (38)
Fraser Milligan for Willo Flood (79)
Johnny Russell for Jordan Robertson (80)
Barry Wilson for Richard Hastings (71)
Graham Bayne for Marius Niculae (84)
Iain Vigurs for John Rankin (90)

Lee Wilkie (65)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Grzegorz Szamotulski (GK) 17 apps -
Lee Wilkie 30 apps3 goals
Garry Kenneth 51 apps3 goals
Darren Dods 18 apps1 goal
David Robertson 50 apps9 goals
Mark Kerr 162 apps5 goals
Morgaro Gomis 29 apps -
Greg Cameron 37 apps2 goals
Steven Robb 28 apps1 goal
Willo Flood 16 apps -
Jordan Robertson 13 apps4 goals
Stuart Duff (sub) 168 apps4 goals
Fraser Milligan (sub) 1 app (debut) -
Johnny Russell (sub) 3 apps -

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Greg Cameron (19 years 239 days)
Oldest Player:Darren Dods (32 years 185 days)
Average Player Age:24 years 180 days
Domestic Players:7 (63.64 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ryan Dow (16 years 181 days)
Oldest Player:Darren Dods (32 years 185 days)
Average Player Age:22 years 249 days
Domestic Players:13 (72.22 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts
Fraser Milligan(Signed July 1st, 2006)

David Robertson played his 50th major competitive game for the Club.

United lost their unbeaten home record as a first half 30 yard shot from Ian Black proved to be the difference between the teams. It was a day when nothing broke for the Terrors and despite having a real go in the second half they just couldn’t find the equaliser they deserved.

Craig Levein was forced to make four changes to the team which drew with Hibernian last week, with Steven Robb, Greg Cameron, Garry Kenneth and Jordan Robertson replacing Prince Buaben, Noel Hunt, Christian Kalvenes and Sean Dillon. Lee Wilkie was deployed as a striker with Robb and Flood starting the game as wing backs.

After a quiet opening Morgaro Gomis strode forward from halfway before lashing a left foot drive inches over the junction of post and bar with the Caley keeper beaten. United were then dealt a big blow in 19 minutes as Inverness took a surprise lead. Garry Kenneth was dispossessed around 30 yards from goal and Ian Black looped a wicked shot over Szamotulski and into the net. Jordan Robertson tested Fraser with a low left foot shot towards the corner before Robb was withdrawn on 37 minutes due to injury, with Stuart Duff coming on to fill the void at left back. United mounted a late push for an equaliser, with a Flood cross from the right coming back off the bar before Kenneth met the Irishman’s corner with a header at the back post which bounced just wide.

United were first to threaten after half time when Mark Kerr neatly worked the ball to Jordan Roberson on the right. The on loan striker then cut inside and lofted a shot towards the back post which was not too far off target. With 56 minutes gone Kenneth then missed a glorious chance with a free header from a Duff free kick, but much to the agony of the United supporters flashed the effort just wide. In a rare Caley attack goalscorer Black forced Szamotulski into a save down low to his right after his shot was deflected. Moments later the Polish keeper did even better to touch a John Rankin shot round the post after the midfielder was played in by sub Barry Wilson. United threw everything they could at Inverness as full time approached and at one point the ball appeared to be blocked by the hand of a defender as David Robertson tried to work an opening but claims for a penalty were turned away. Wilkie then rose to meet a Duff cross and in the end just missed the ball which put off Russell, who would otherwise have had a good opportunity. The result was that the ball simply hit the substitute and landed fortuitously in the ends of Fraser.


<< Previous Match Next Match >>
Programme cover / Team sheet