Dundee Utd 1 - 1 Clydebank

League - Premier Division
Saturday, March 7th, 1987, 3:00 PM at Tannadice Park
Attendance: 5,541
Referee: Douglas Hope (Erskine)
Dundee Utd  Clydebank

Paul Hegarty (41)
Stuart Gordon (9)

Team Managers
Jim McLean
Sam Henderson

Starting Eleven
Billy Thomson
Maurice Malpas
Harry Curran
Paul Hegarty
Dave Narey
Eamonn Bannon
Jim McInally
John Clark
Kevin Gallacher
Iain Ferguson
Paul Sturrock
Jim Gallacher
Joe Dickson
Jim Rodger
Mark Treanor
Stuart Auld
John Maher
Jaimie Fairlie
John Davies
Stuart Gordon
Davie Shanks
Sammy Conn

Ian Redford
Paul Kinnaird
Sean Sweeney
Alan Bain

Ian Redford for Harry Curran (70)

None. None.

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Billy Thomson (GK) 100 apps -
Maurice Malpas 277 apps8 goals
Harry Curran 1 app (debut) -
Paul Hegarty 584 apps78 goals
Dave Narey 639 apps36 goals
Eamonn Bannon 384 apps102 goals
Jim McInally 34 apps2 goals
John Clark 80 apps11 goals
Kevin Gallacher 64 apps17 goals
Iain Ferguson 35 apps20 goals
Paul Sturrock 531 apps163 goals
Ian Redford (sub) 86 apps18 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Kevin Gallacher (20 years 109 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Hegarty (32 years 233 days)
Average Player Age:26 years 42 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Kevin Gallacher (20 years 109 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Hegarty (32 years 233 days)
Average Player Age:25 years 268 days
Domestic Players:13 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts
Harry Curran(Signed February 19th, 1987)

Billy Thomson played his 100th major competitive game for the Club.

In conditions which starkly contrasted with the U.E.F.A. tie with Barcelona - bitterly cold and little atmosphere - we dropped our first ever League point to Clydebank at Tannadice. The visitor's received an early boost when Dave Narey was short with his pass back and Stuart Gordon nipped in to round Billy Thomson to score. Even before that, Iain Ferguson had gone close but it wasn't until four minutes before the interval that we equalised. Maurice Malpas was fouled on the left Paul Sturrock flighted in the free-kick which was headed in by Paul Hegarty, on his return from injury in typical fashion.

During the second half without displaying anything like the fluency of recent matches, we still had chances to win the match, most notably two minutes from the end. A Sturrock cross from the left was laid off by Iain Ferguson to Paul Hegarty, but his drive from 8 yards went past the far post. If the result was disappointing, there were two plus factors - the form of Paul Hegarty on his return from injury and the promise of Harry Curran making his debut in this match.


<< Previous Match Next Match >>
Programme cover / Team sheet