Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 - 0 Dundee Utd

Scottish Cup - 4th Round
Saturday, February 3rd, 2007, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium
Attendance: 3,519
Referee: Stuart Dougal
Inverness Caledonian Thistle Dundee Utd

Russell Duncan (16) None.

Team Managers
Charlie Christie Craig Levein

Starting Eleven
Michael Fraser
Darren Dods
Ross Tokely
Richard Hastings
Grant Munro
Roy McBain
John Rankin
Russell Duncan
Graham Bayne
Rory McAllister
Barry Wilson
Derek Stillie
Christian Kalvenes
Lee Wilkie
David McCracken
Seán Dillon
Craig Conway
Mark Kerr
David Robertson
Barry Robson
Jon Daly
Collin Samuel

Ally Ridgers
Stuart McCaffrey
Ian Black
Alan Morgan
Gary McSwegan
Euan McLean
Stuart Duff
Garry Kenneth
Steven Robb
Noel Hunt

Gary McSwegan for Rory McAllister (66) Noel Hunt for Jon Daly (60)
Stuart Duff for Collin Samuel (74)

Ross Tokely (41) Barry Robson (52)
Lee Wilkie (70)
Stuart Duff (87)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Derek Stillie (GK) 63 apps -
Christian Kalvenes 22 apps1 goal
Lee Wilkie 4 apps -
David McCracken 191 apps8 goals
Seán Dillon 4 apps -
Craig Conway 28 apps -
Mark Kerr 140 apps5 goals
David Robertson 31 apps5 goals
Barry Robson 135 apps21 goals
Jon Daly 5 apps -
Collin Samuel 121 apps15 goals
Stuart Duff (sub) 157 apps4 goals
Noel Hunt (sub) 21 apps8 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:David Robertson (20 years 138 days)
Oldest Player:Derek Stillie (33 years 70 days)
Average Player Age:25 years 288 days
Domestic Players:7 (63.64 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Garry Kenneth (19 years 232 days)
Oldest Player:Derek Stillie (33 years 70 days)
Average Player Age:24 years 331 days
Domestic Players:11 (68.75 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


United crashed out of the Scottish Cup thanks to a wonder strike from Russell Duncan. The first half was dominated by the hosts and in truth United were lucky to be only one down at the break. United rallied in the second half and David Robertson had a goal disallowed for offside.

There were two changes from the side that started the goalless draw against Dunfermline. Stuart Duff and Noel Hunt droped to the bench with Barry Robson and Craig Conway returning. Also on the bench was Steven Robb, returning after a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Darren Dods was skipper of the home side shortly after signing a pre-contract agreement to join United in the summer.

United had the better of the opening quarter but after a couple of early attempts they fell behind in exceptional circumstances. A long throw into the United area was headed clear by Wilkie. The ball landed at the feet of Russell Duncan and he slammed an unstopable shot into the top right hand corner of the net giving Stillie no chance. It should have been worse for the Arabs after half an hour when the unmarked McAllister headed over from close range.

United had to improve in the second half and within two minutes had the ball in the net. Samuel wrestled the ball from Tokeley and sent in a deflected cross that Robertson headed home but the youngster was in an offside position. United pressed for a leveller and it almost came with 15 minutes left when Hunt found himself in an excellent position but the ball got tangled between his legs and the defence cleared. Despite throwing all they could at the home defence Caley out to progress to the quarter final.

<< Previous Match Next Match >>
Programme cover / Team sheet